1 - Rules
- 1.1 - IberCup will be played in accordance with the applicable FIFA rules sections. In matters of interpretation of FIFA rules, the English text applies.
- 1.2 - The club must be a member of a national football association that is affiliated with FIFA. In countries where football is operated by schools, we also allow the participation of teams affiliated with the football school association.
- 1.3 - The teams are divided into groups of four or five teams, where all teams play in a championship system with one lap. The classification of the teams will be determined according to their points. Three points are awarded for a win, one point for a draw and zero points for a loss.
- 1.4 - If two or more teams finish with the same number of points, the classification will be decided as follows:
- 1. Goal difference.
- 2. Highest number of goals scored.
- 3. Results between teams (games between both) with the same number of points.
- 4. Scoring the penalty kick according to FIFA rules.
- 1.5 - Participation in the Playoff phase is determined by the following rules (can be changed depending on the final number of teams participating in each category):
- 1.5.1 - In categories Y and Z the four (4) best teams in each group advance to the Playoff Gold. The remaining teams are eliminated.
- 1.5.2 - In categories A, B, C, D, E, F, and G the two (2) best teams in each group advance to the Gold Super Group. The groups' third, fourth, fifth and sixth positions will advance to the Silver Playoff.
- 1.5.3 - The previous point can be adapted before the competition and according to the final number of teams per group and category.
- 1.6 - All Playoff games will be decided by the Cup system, that is, by direct elimination.
- 1.7 - A tie in the Playoff games will be decided by the kicking of the penalty mark in accordance with FIFA rules.
- 1.7.1 - In 7v7 and 5v5 / Futsal games, all players are allowed to participate in the penalty shootout.
- 1.8 - In the event that a team is disqualified or withdraws during the group stage, all results will be changed to 0-3 in favor of the opponent.
- 1.9 - In the event that a team is disqualified or withdraws during the Playoff, the best qualified team in the same group will take its place.
- 1.10 - In the event that a Playoff result has to be decided by kicks from the penalty mark, the teams may have to go to the "penalty box".
- 1.11 - In categories A, B, C, D, E, F, and G the Super Group Gold phase begins with the participation of teams divided into groups of three, four or five, where all teams play in a championship one lap. The classification of the teams will be determined according to their points. Three points are awarded for a win, one point for a draw and zero points for a loss, applying the tiebreakers mentioned above in point 1.4.
- 1.12 - In categories A, B and C, the best team from each Gold Super Group advances to the Playoff Gold final
2 - Age Classes
- CAT Y - Born In 2014 - 5v5/Futsal
- CAT Z - Born In 2013 - 5v5/Futsal
- CAT A - Born In 2012 - 7v7
- CAT B - Born In 2011 - 7v7
- CAT C - Born In 2010 - 7v7
- CAT D - Born In 2009 - 7v7
- CAT E - Born In 2008 - 11v11
- CAT F - Born In 2007 - 11v11
- CAT G - Born In 2006 - 11v11
3 - Players
- 3.1 - Boys Cat E, Cat F and Cat G - the maximum number of players per team is 22 and the minimum is 16 players. Maximum 4 responsible, minimum 3 responsible per team.
- 3.2 - Boys Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and Cat D - the maximum number of players per team is 14 and the minimum is 10 players. Maximum 4 responsible, minimum 1 responsible per team.
- 3.3 - Cat Y; Cat Z - the maximum number of players per team is 12 and the minimum is 7 players. Maximum 3 responsible, minimum 1 responsible for team.
- 3.4 - All players must be able to prove their age and identity.
- 3.5 - We recommend that all players wear the same number on the player's shirt throughout the tournament.
- 3.6 - In football competitions of 11, no team can use more than 22 players in a game.
- 3.7 - In Fut 5 / Futsal competitions, no team can use more than 12 players in a game.
- 3.8 - In football competitions of 7, no team can use more than 14 players in a game.
- 3.9 - In substitutions during the game, players must follow the following rules:
- 3.9.1 - Only for the Fut7 and Fut5 / Futsal categories a player who is substituted can re-enter the game.
- 3.9.2 - Substitutions can be made without the game having to be stopped.
- 3.9.3 - All substitutions are made in the technical area of the team. If there is no defined technical area, the substitution will be made on the midfield line.
- 3.9.4 - The player can only enter the field when his teammate is outside the legal area of play and only after the referee gives permission.
- 3.9.5 - All substitutions made incorrectly will be penalized with a yellow card.
- 3.9.6 - Bear in mind that when replacing goalkeepers the game must be stopped and the referee informed.
- 3.10 - A player can represent the same club at different levels, but the same player cannot represent a different team that is of the same level.
- 3.10.1 - If a player represents a club at different levels, the player must be registered in all registration forms of the teams in which he will participate.
4 - Playing Period
- 4.1 Boys Cat E; Cat F and Cat G
- Group stage, Silver Playoff and Bronze Playoff - 2 x 25 min
- Cat G - Gold Super Group and Gold Final - 2 x 30 min.
- 4.2 - Boys Cat A; Cat B; Cat C and Cat D- Group stage, Gold Super Group, Gold Final, Silver Playoff and Bronze Playoff - 2 x 20 min.
- 4.3 - Boys Cat Y and Cat Z
- Group stage, Gold Super Group, Gold Final, Silver Playoff and Bronze Playoff - 2 x 13 min.
- 4.4 - 2 min INTERVAL - In all games in all categories.
- 4.5 - In the event of a tie in the Playoffs, games will be decided by kicking the penalty mark in accordance with FIFA rules.
5 - Match Details
- 5.1 - Team list:
- 5.1.1 - In all matches it’s mandatory to fill the team list for the game.
- 5.1.2 - The game sheet must contain all the players chosen for that specific game, with a maximum of 22 players in football competitions 11, 14 players in football competitions 7 and 12 players in football competitions 5 / Futsal.
- 5.1.3 - The team list must be handed to the referee before every match.
- 5.1.4 - The team leaders MUST confirmed the players list numbers for the match on the mobile app in possession of the Field Marshall, before the match starts to avoid any mistakes on the match incidences.
- 5.1.5 - The number each player has on the team list must be the same as the number on the shirt.
- 5.1.6 - All players on the team list are considered as if they have participated in the match.
- 5.1.7 - Random controls of team lists and Participants lists will be carried out.
- 5.2 - Players uniforms:
- 5.2.1 - Numbers on jerseys is MANDATORY.
- 5.2.2 - The players numbers on the team list must be the same on the players jersey.
- 5.2.3 - All team jerseys must be numbered and the numbers must correspond to the numbers on the team list.
- 5.2.4 - Numbers must be on the backs of the shirts.
- 5.2.5 - Two players can´t use the same number in any given match.
- 5.2.6 - No player can change his or her number during the game.
- 184.108.40.206 - The fail to comply with this rule will penalize the player with a yellow card and he will have to exit the field to get proper equipment.
- 220.127.116.11 - The player can only re-enter the match when he or her is properly dressed and with the referees consent.
- 5.2.7 - If teams have the same equipment color, the team that appears first in the match program has to change jersey.
- 5.2.8 - The use of shinguard is mandatory in all games.
- 5.2.9 - The use of aluminium studs is only allowed for goalkeepers of 11-a-side categories (11vs11). All other players are forbidden from using this type of football boots.
The use of aluminium studs on artificial turf fields is expressly prohibited.
- 5.3 - Before and after the match:
- 5.3.1 - All teams should be ready at the field no later than 15 minutes before kick-off with valid documents for the age control.
- 5.3.2 - The team manager must make sure that his players are adequately insured.
- 5.3.3 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 18.104.22.168 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 22.214.171.124 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
- 5.3.4 - Every responsible team officials (coach) must immediately after the match sign the match sheet. Failure to sign may result in a notification from the IberCup jury.
- 5.4 - Balls:
- 5.4.1 - All matches are played using balls of size 5, except for categories Y, Z, A, B, C e D who use size 4 and / or futsal
6 - Team List - Age Control
6.1 - Each team must submit a list of players to the IberCup administration before May 25. After this date we will charge extra 5€ per player.
- 6.1.1 - If a team has a rooming list to send, IberCup administration has to receive it before May 25. After this date we will charge extra 10€ per person.
- 6.2 - The players control will be made through the players list sent previously to our organization, through this following procedure:
- 6.3 - The team leader must bring all the documents for the accreditation (Valid passport or ID document from the players).
- 6.3.1 - For all teams, the accreditation will be at the tournament office (hotel to be confirmed).
- 6.3.2 - Only the team leader needs to be present on the accreditation to collect all the participant cards, bracelets and important informations.
- 6.3.3 - Players don´t need to be present for age control on this day.
- 6.3.4 - Team leaders must present at the tournament office and show proof of identity from the players registered on the team list on this day.
- 6.3.5 - If the team leaders don´t go to this first accreditation at the tournament office, their teams can`t participate in the first match.
- 6.4 - All the teams must bring the valid documents from the players for the matches.
- 6.4.1 - A random check for age control can be done at any time.
- 6.4.2 - Each player must use the wristband around the wrist for the age control on the field.
- 6.4.3 - The age control will be through the players list sent previously to our organization together with a valid ID document.
- 6.4.4 - The team leaders MUST confirmed the players list numbers for the match on the mobile app in possession of the Field Marshall, before the match starts to avoid any mistakes on the match incidences.
- 6.5 - Valid documents are:
- 6.5.1 - For the Spanish teams we will accept the player’s team card from their local football association or the CC card.
- 6.5.2 - For the foreign teams the organization will only accept as player’s identification a valid identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated). This card must have the full name, photo, identification number and birthday. This document must always be used with the player´s passport. Players that come from countries that don’t require a passport to enter into Spain, will only need the identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated, with full name, photo, identification number, birthday).
- 6.6 - All teams must be ready to play at least 30 minutes before the match. That period will be used to confirm the players list with the IberCup officials.
- 6.7 - Teams that don´t show the players list 15 minutes before the match can be ruled out as a no-show.
- 6.8 - Teams using non eligible players can be excluded from the tournament.
- 6.9 - If the same club competes with two teams in the same age category, players from those teams CAN`T switch teams.
- 6.10 - If any player plays for another team in other age group, from the same club in the tournament, the team where this player is not registered will be penalized with no-show and a defeat of 0-3.
- 6.11 - Wristbands:
- 6.11.1 - After the accreditation all players must use the identification wristband around his/her wrist with the QR code.
- 6.11.2 - The QR code gives access to the profile of each participant through an mobile applicattion, which was designed for:
1. Random age control during the matches.
2. Meal Control.
3. Social Media Relation
- 6.11.3- ID wristbands MUST be worn on wrist during the entire tournament.
- 6.11.4 - If one player in one way or another loses his/her bracelet, the player MUST come to the tournament office to make a new age verification, before the next game to be played.
- 6.11.5 - The player will NOT be allowed to play the next match without the ID/Age wristband.
- 6.11.6 - The player will NOT be allowed to access to the meal center without the ID/Age wristband.
7 - Dispensations
- 7.1 - Dispensations will automatically be given to two (2) per squad who are maximum one (1) year over aged.
- 7.2 - Note that you cannot use more overaged players by switching them between matches.
- 7.3 - These dispensations only applies to 11v11 categories.
- 7.4 - For 7v7 and 5v5/Futsal no dispensation will automatically be accepted.
- 7.5 - Dispensations for 7v7 and 5v5/Futsal teams may be applied by contacting the IberCup office.
- 7.6 - For 7v7 and 5v5/Futsal automatically two female players are accepted 1 year overaged.
8 - 7v7 Rules
- 8.1 - Classes Boys Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and Cat D play 7v7 (one goalkeeper and 6 players).
- 8.2 - The offside rule does not apply on the Cat A, Cat B and Cat C categories.
- 8.2.1 - The offside rule applies on the Cat D category but only between the goal line and the edge of the penalty box.
- 8.2.2 - Cat Z and Cat Y refer to Football 5v5 / Futsal
- 8.3 - It isn´t allowed to pass the ball to the goalkeeper and he or she pick up the ball with the hands.
- 8.4 - The goal kick will be taken from the ground, the ball will be placed on any point of the line that delimit the goal area.
- 8.4.1 - Opponents remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play - the ball has been kicked out of the penalty area.
- 8.4.2 - Players may touch the ball and continue the game even from inside the area after the goal kick is taken.
- 8.4.3 - If the player fails to kick the ball out of the penalty area, the goal kick is repeated.
- 8.5 - If a player takes a red card it can be replaced by another player.
9 - Match Fields
- 9 - Match Fields
9.1 - All the playing fields are grass or artificial turf.
- 9.2 - The fields have been divided into the following areas: Estepona and Marbella. Estadio de Atletismo de Estepona, Complejo Deportivo Arroyo en Medio, Campo de Fútbol San Fernando and Estadio Municipal Francisco Muñoz Pérez; Complexo Dama de la Noche.
- 9.3 - In case of bad weather conditions matches may be decided by penalty kicks or drawing of lots.
10 - Match Program
- 10.1 - The organization committee has the right to change the groups, times and fields, until the 1st day of the competition.
- 10.2 - The organization committee also has the right to change matches, times and fields, during the competition.
- 10.3 - In case of any changes team leaders will be promptly informed.
- 11.1 - All referees are members from the Football Association in their countries.
- 11.2 - All matches in the 11v11 competitions have assistant referees.
- 11.3 - All matches in the 7v7 and 5v5 competitions have 1 referee.
- 11.3.1 - The coordinator for the referees during the tournament will be available at the Tournament Office.
- 11.3.2 - For the semifinals and finals of the Playoff Gold, in the U-12 category, the IberCup organization may, if possible, have two assistants in addition to the referee.
- 11.4 - All matches in the Futsal competitions have 2 referees.
- 11.5 - The coordinator for the referees during the tournament will be available at the IberCup office.
12 - Tournament Jury
- 12.1 - The jury of the tournament consists of representatives from IberCup and Tournaments Abroad.
- 12.2 - The jury handles protests, sanction matters, and unpredictable situations.
- 12.2.1 - All situations that occur will be analyzed always with “Fair-Play”.
- 12.3 - Tournament Jury decisions cannot be appealed. Notice that the final decision may not correspond to a FIFA rule based in Fair-Play.
- 12.4 - In the case of any claim, a deposit of 100€ must be done in the tournament office (it may be an extra tournament office in the venues).
13 - Protest and Sanctions
- 13.1 - All protests must be made in writing by the team manager and delivered to the Jury no later than 90 min after the match is finished.
- 13.2 - Protests must be delivered to the Tournament Office.
- 13.3 - A protest fee of 100€ will be paid at that time. This fee will be returned if the protest is approved.
- 13.4 - Protests that concern referees decisions will not be accepted.
- 13.5 - Cautions and Sending-Off Offences:
- 13.5.1 - Any player given a red card is automatically suspended from participation in the following match.
- 13.5.2 - The tournament jury can decide about suspension for further game(s) in case of a direct red card.
- 13.5.3 - The tournament jury may decide to remove the punishment to a player who has received a red card. The decision will be given in writing.
- 13.5.4 - Yellow cards are not accumulated.
- 13.5.5 - If a player that is suspended plays in a match, the team with the suspended player loses automatically the match with 0-3.
- 13.5.6 - Severe offences will be reported to the FA of the nation concerned.
14 - Walk Over
- 14.1 - If a team fails to appear to a match, without a valid reason, can be declared loser by 0-3, after a decision by the jury.
- 14.2 - If a team fails to appear on time due to transport reasons caused by traffic or other, the jury can decide to delay the match (maximum 10 minutes after the match schedule) until the teams arrive or reschedule the match for another time in the same day.
- 14.3 - If a team repeatedly fails to appear at the games, the team may be excluded from the tournament.
- 14.3.1 - In special cases, the tournament jury may decide to exclude a team at the first offence, if it finds deliberate to self-benefit or is unfair to another team in the group.
- 14.4 - If a match is interrupted for some reason and can’t be played to the end, the jury will decide over these 5 alternatives:
- 14.4.1 - If the match will be replayed from the begining.
- 14.4.2 - If the match restart from the minute when it was interrupted.
- 14.4.3 - If the result will be fixed as final result.
- 14.4.4 - If one of the teams won 3-0.
- 14.4.5 - If both teams lose 0-3.
- 14.5 - If a team fails to appear to the last group match, without a valid reason in their own benefit, can be excluded or relegated to Playoff Silver, after a decision by the jury.
15 - Standards of Conduct
- 15.1 - Team leaders as indicated on the Participants’ list, are responsible for the conduct from their players in case of damage caused in sport facilities, dressing rooms, hotels, transportation or other facilities.
- 15.2 - In case of damage the team leader should immediately contact the organization staff .
- 15.3 - In case of doubt in the interpretation of the regulations of the tournament, Team leader should contact directly the organization staff .
- 15.4 - Quiet time must be respected in the accommodations between 11:00pm and 8:00am.
- 15.5 - The meals timetables must be respected. Teams can miss a meal if they do not adhere to the meal timetables. In case of match delay or some transport delay, Team leader should inform the Organization of this situation.
- 15.6 - It is prohibited to travel in transportation without T-shirt.
- 15.7 - Failure to comply with these rules will be dealt with by the tournament organization and may result in exclusion from the tournament and accommodations.
16 - Insurance and Responsibility
- 16.1 - Each player must have a medical insurance.
- 16.2 - Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field.
- 16.3 - IberCup does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, death, theft or damage to property and does not accept responsibility in any way for accidents, injury, illness, death or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades, natural disasters, epidemics or similar events. These issues will be resolved under the responsibility of the teams or groups and are not the responsibility of IberCup or the local organization.
- 16.4 - Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Spain must have personal medical insurance.
17 - Permissions to Participate in IberCup
- 17.1 - All foreign teams should request to their football federations to send an authorization letter to IberCup (email@example.com) so they can take part in the tournament. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association to take part in our tournament but they need to send to us an authorization letter from the club.
18 - Water for the matches
- 18.1 - The IberCup staff on the fields DO NOT provide bottle waters for the teams, so its very important that the teams bring their own water for the matches.
- 18.2 - The organisation recommends to buy the bottled water, especially for babies.
- 18.3 - You can always buy some bottle water on site.
19 - Changing rooms
- 19.1 - Teams must leave the accommodation already equipped for the match.
- 19.2 - Some football facilities may have changing rooms but some are to small and due to the number of teams, your team may not get a place to change.
- 19.3 - This rule also applies to the local teams.
20 - Bath and Showers After the Matches
- 20.1 - Teams must take their shower in their own accommodation after they return from the match.
21 - Parents and Supporters Conduct
- 21.1 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 21.2 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 21.3 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
22 - Match Balls
- 22.1 - All matches of 11v11 are played using size 5.
- 22.2 - For 7v7 all matches will use size 4.
- 22.3 - All matches of 5v5 and futsal are played using futsal balls.
- 22.4 - The organization will provide official match balls for the matches but the teams must bring also their own match balls.
- 22.5 - IberCup does not provide match balls for warming up before the matches.
24 - Guest Players
- 24.1 - Each team will be allowed to have guest players, who are properly registered through their National and State Association, Federation or any other affiliated organization.
- 24.2 - Players may NOT play for more than one team in the tournament.
- 24.3 - It is the responsibility of the individual athlete to join a club as a Guest Player.
- 24.4 - The tournament does not have a system to manage that for each individual.
23 - Loss or theft
- 23.1 - The organization does not assume any responsibility in case of sport equipment theft or personal belongings of participants in the accommodation or in the sporting venues.
25 - Organizer
- 25.1 - Sports Travel Agency - Easy Choice Lda organizes The IberCup.